Saturday, December 14, 2013

Marshall as50d Soloist acoustic amp review




I’ve had this amp for while now and I thought it was about time to put up a review on it. It’s an awesome amp and I really recommend this for any acoustic players.

Sound:
I tried several acoustic amps head to head at my local music store. It didn't take long to realize that for the money, nothing beat the clean, warm sound for this Marshall amp. I play several different guitars through it, as well as a mic and the sound is clear, clean and fits the actual sound of each of my guitars.
Feature:
I use the reverb and chorus sparingly if at all but for the guitar channel it is sufficient. I use the line out for recording and it produces a clean accurate sound. For gigs I use the direct out to my PA which along with the amp produces a full, nice and powerful sound. No headphone jack? While the anti-feedback features helped a little, it still doesn't do the job of a dedicated anti-feedback rack.
Ease of Use:
It didn't take long to get a great sound from this amp. Very easy to dial it in.
Quality:
Its a Marshall! Looks great. Appears well made. I have used it for two months and have had no problems with it at all.


Value:
As I said earlier, I tried out several of the name brand acoustic amps head to head at my local music store and for the money, nothing came close to this amp as far as sound and features.
Manufacturer Support:
There is no selection indicating that I haven't had to use customer support, which I haven't so I have no opinion.
The Wow Factor:
Hey, its a Marshall! It looks great and I didn't hesitate to purchase it.
Overall:
I think I will be using this amp for a long, long time. The only reason I would have to purchase another would be the need for more power and then I would purchase the Marshall 100 watt amp. Everyone who has heard and used this amp in my studio and at gigs loves it.

Yours truly,
Visal.

No comments:

Post a Comment